The Daily Prompt today from WordPress today is called the Daily Prompt: The Glass and asks Is the glass half-full, or half-empty?.
So what is the definition of this term? Well according to Wikipedia they state:
Is the glass half empty or half full? is a common expression, used rhetorically to indicate that a particular situation could be a cause for optimism (half full) or pessimism (half empty), or as a general litmus test to simply determine an individual’s worldview. The purpose of the question is to demonstrate that the situation may be seen in different ways depending on one’s point of view and that there may be opportunity in the situation as well as trouble.
This idiom is used to explain how people perceive events and objects. Perception is unique to every individual and is simply one’s interpretation of reality. The phrase “Is the glass half empty or half full” can be referred to as a philosophical question.
So here I am today being asked what is life to me? What does things mean to me and how does my outlook on life affect my day to day thinking of things?
There is nothing worse in life than when you know the outcome, of some situation, is not going to be good and along comes Job’s comforter who really does add to the impact with their pessimistic and ill thought-out advice.
My father also told me, when I was in a quandary over something, or whether I thought something could happen in the not too distant future..‘worry when the time comes’ , ‘cross that bridge when you come to it’ or ‘what will be will be, don’t let it spoil today’.
And those sayings are very true, you can’t change the future, you can’t alter what lies ahead but you can sure as hell enjoy your life and deal with those parts that are not so kind, in a manner that does not affect your life forever or makes you live in dread. So I am a person who lives their life with the glass half full.. I remain optimistic in everything, I live in hope that the fate won’t deal a cruel hand and I live life to the full meaning.
I will not let what could be affect what may be.. I have no control over things and if by luck fate is going to deal me a cruel hand, I will deal with it as and when… I won’t sit around waiting for such a thing to happen.. my glass is my glass and I won’t let others dirty my glass or change my thoughts from optimism to pessimism. I will remain optimistic on everything, because if we start to lose hope and stop being optimistic, in my eyes we are just going through the motions of life, like eating, sleeping and breathing without grabbing it by both hands and enjoying it. Life is what you make it… not what someone else tells you it must be like.
I have always told my son, life is not a dress rehearsal… there are no re-runs or next performances where we might get it right… You don’t get a second chance to do things again, and you learn by your experiences… and I have told him don’t sit back and let life pass you by.. don’t spend days, hours, months or even years stuck into some realm or on some path that leads nowhere, because by the time you realise your error those years are gone for good and you can never reclaim them back.
If you remain optimistic and hopeful, then life will be full of adventure and care-free ways.. whereas in my opinion if you live life with your glass half empty and full of pessimism that before you know it you are going to find that you have wasted your life worrying about things that you had no control over in the first place. And all you have left behind you, is a lifetime of wasted years.
- Daily Promot: Is the glass half full or empty? | AnxiousElephant
- The Glass is Full | Daily Prompt: The Glass | likereadingontrains
- The Bipolar Journey of my Hypothetical Glass | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: The Glass « Mama Bear Musings
- Half. | jaycee68
- 729: Daily Prompt: The Glass – “It is half empty” | SEVEN Hundred 50
- 9. Choosing a doctor: Daily Prompt | Sofie’s Diary
- Half and Half | das Nicht-zuhause-sein
- The Glass | CombatBabe
- Daily Prompt: My glass is always overflowing | My Daily Prompt Blog
- DAILY PROMPT: THE GLASS | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Daily prompt: Is the glass half full or half empty? | Window on my world
- Half Empty | Tony’s Texts
- Daily Prompt: “The Glass” | Sparkly Me
- as long as i’m singing
- The Glass | Storm In A B-Cup
- It Depends What’s In The Glass (Short story) | The Jittery Goat
- Today’s Forecast « Sorta-Ginger
- At least the glass is not full empty! | amateurxpress
- Daily Prompt: The Glass | The Blogging Path
- The Glass (Daily Prompt) | liveuntil
- The Glass Is Empty… | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- Over coffee, male knitters, Tyra Banks, & Jagged little pills. | thoughtsofrkh
- The Glass | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: The Glass | Echoes and Whispers
- Half Full or Half Empty Does It Really Matter? | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Daily Prompt: The Glass | JUkk
- Opportunistic (The Glass). | ourroadtohappiness
- I Think This is Piss | Stuphblog
- Depends. | Hope* the happy hugger
- What Through The Glass Now? | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: The Glass | On My Front Porch
- From the pen of an uncommitted cynic | Formally known as Serena
- Glass? What Glass? | Forever Autumn
- Daily Prompt: The Glass | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Half a Glass Please | Breathing Space