On this Saturday afternoon, sitting here wishing it was once again wall to wall sunshine, I give my thoughts on today’s Daily Prompt, which is I Want to Know What Love Is and they ask, We each have many types of love relationships — parents, children, spouses, friends. And they’re not always with people; you may love an animal, or a place. Is there a single idea or definition that runs through all the varieties of “love”?
Love to me is respect.. to respect the person who I want to share my life and love with.. to respect my children for what they are and not what I want them to be.. to respect that an animal has the right to warmth, good food and love, just like I have the right to it. To respect a place has a right to retain its natural beauty.. and hand in hand with respect goes trust.
The man I love, I respect and place my trust in… he is my world and I, so he tells me, am his.. we respect each other’s opinion and we respect each other as equals and individuals. Apart from being lovers we are best of friends… we are soul mates who are destined to be together until one of us dies..
The Life That I Have
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
The love that I have
Of the life that I have
Is yours and yours and yours.
A sleep I shall have
A rest I shall have
Yet death will be but a pause
For the peace of my years
In the long green grass
Will be yours and yours and yours.
- May 11 Daily Prompt: I Want To Know What Love Is | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Change Without Prior Notice | Daily Prompt: I Want to Know What Love Is | likereadingontrains
- Easy Answer « Sorta-Ginger
- Daily Post: What is Love? | A Sign Of Life
- Love (WordPress Daily Prompt) | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Unconditional Love? | Sam’s Online Journal
- Ilya Fostiy. Is There a God? | Bright Moments Catcher
- All is lie | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Love Is Like A Rock | Katherine’s Daughter
- Love at its best, Love at its worst | the world behind the lens
- Love is subjective: Feel it to define it. | Sofistikeyted
- Love Ain’t What It Used To Be | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: I Want to Know What Love Is | The Daily Post | The Blogging Path
- Beloved | Spunky Wayfarer
- Love is a beautiful song… and more… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider