Well today’s Daily Prompt is You’ve got the Power and WordPress asks You have the power to enact a single law. What would it be?. Well for a minute when I read the title I was going to be allowed to be Bruce Almighty for a day but no such luck.
So thinking hard about this, cos I have so many laws I would love to make..some good and some daft.. and one of them would be that either Tescos have to widen their aisles and have a one-way system or people with mobility scooters have to take a driving obstacle course around aisles and shopping centres. Honestly the times I have nearly been run-over is no man’s business.
But the law I would pass would have to be The Political Common Sense Correction Act of 2013. A law where politicians, especially Prime Ministers have to speak sense and on failing to do so, will be put in the stocks for a week for everyone to throw squashy tomatoes at.
For a start, there should be stocks at the end of Downing Street and across Westminster Bridge with government funded tomato sellers handing out free over-ripened tomatoes to passers by.
Pray, I hear you saying, why do we need this law?
Well firstly we had Iain (I can live on £53 a week) Dopey Sod, adding extra stress to people who are already suffering a debilitating illness, with threats of cutting their benefits and making working people think that people with illnesses are nothing but scroungers.
Then we had George Osborne, giving mortgage breaks to people wanting to buy their own home, only to find that it also covered the wealthy and they could profit from the system that was supposed to help the poor get onto the housing ladder. Yes you guessed it the tax-breaks would also benefit the rich who want to buy second homes. FFS some people can’t afford a first home yet alone buy a second.
Next we had, William Hague standing there telling people we need to arm the rebels in Syria.. please, give me a break. How the hell do you know whose hands these weapons are going to land in? Common sense tells you that the likes of Al Qaeda must have infiltrated these groups. So by arming the rebels we are also arming terrorists.
And as for David Cameron, well he would have his own set of personalised stocks.. yes right outside number 10 gates… why? Well apart from I don’t like the smarmy git… I think it is a disgrace and hypocritical when he stands there and speaks about world poverty and how it should not exist. Perhaps he would like to tell that to the people in this country, who in the 21st Century, are having to rely on food banks.
So I vote for the Political Common Sense Correction Act of 2013.
- I Got 99 Problems and A Dick Ain’t One | That Girl Ryan
- New Law: Eliminate Smoking in Public Places | Spirituality, Inspiration, Poetry – SkillCode
- The stupid people act 2013 | Geek Ergo Sum
- Power Up ~ Let’s Write Your Success Story! | Misifusa’s Blog
- Follow the Rules! | Dean’z Wordz
- Daily Prompt: Rules | Serenity Sometimes
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power « Mama Bear Musings
- You’ve got the power | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Rules of the Road (Ralley) | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Four Days On, Three Days Off – [Daily Prompt: You've Got the Power] | unknowinglee
- Philippine Anti-Dynasty Law | Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power | بيسان
- Just stop it. It’s gross. And ******* annoying. | thoughtsofrkh
- Thinking should be a law | THE WORM IN MY APPLE
- Another Law? | Lewis Cave
- Take The Power And Shove It | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power #WW | Of Glass & Paper
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power | LADYBOY PROMPT
- I have the power…. | Miss Pelican’s Perch
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got The Power or Rules | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Pursuant to… | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power | The Blogging Path
- We live in a “fine” city… an old joke |
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- I am the Law! – CombatBabe
- Hazy Silhouette | The Educated Illiterates
- Daily Prompt: You’ve got the power | Blog of the imaginator
- PayTV just isn’t cricket. | Cyntech
- Keep the Testimonies | A Teacher’s Blog
- Hurrah Sanitation! | Make Melodies
- Stop the war – Blognovic’s Weblog
- Save My Cousins… | Haiku By Ku
- Poets Just Wanna Have Fun | Maggie’s Stories
- The law of… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: A Single Law to Replace All Others | Iam Who Iam
- Daily Prompt: You’ve Got the Power | writinglikeastoner
- Daily Prompt: You’ve got the Power | Thriving Pessimist…
- It’s getting kinda hectic | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving