Today’s daily prompt from WordPress is Daily Prompt: Evasive Action and they ask What’s the most significant secret you’ve ever kept? Did the truth ever come out?
Perhaps I have been lucky, I have never been put into a situation where someone has asked me to keep a secret where the outcome will cause pain and anxiety… perhaps it is not luck.. perhaps it is because people know I wouldn’t do it or I wouldn’t want to know.
When a friend tells you a confidence or a secret and it doesn’t involve anyone having their feelings hurt, I will keep their confidence. Nothing will make me betray a friend’s confidence, not unless I find that that so-called friend decided to abuse my trust and turned out to be nothing but a back-stabber.. Again people like that I have encountered online but not in real-life.. The internet is a place where you learn fast and you learn quickly that what a person types may not be what a person is.. It is all too easy for someone to type, all about their morals and principles only to be sitting behind a computer monitor laughing their head off, and thinking what a sucker these people are to believe them.
If a friend, wanted to surprise someone.. a surprise party or a romantic weekend, then I will become apart of that secret, because I know the outcome is going to be one of joy and happiness. But if a friend wanted me to cover for them whilst they played away, so to speak, don’t bother.. I won’t do it.
I wouldn’t want someone, who was supposed to be a friend, helping someone to deceive me.. and therefore I would do it to others.
Perhaps a friendship will end because I won’t become part of some dastardly plan, but then again what friend would want to involve others in their dirty deeds?
So I have been lucky.. I have only ever been asked to keep secrets that were pleasant surprises.
- No More Secrets-The Story | Good2begone
- Don’t Tell Me | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action « Mama Bear Musings
- No Whole Skeletons | Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | likereadingontrains
- 6/4 Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | Basically Beyond Basic
- My Involvement With The Kennedy Assassination | The Jittery Goat
- Evading Invading Memories | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Counter-Productive Prompt « Sorta-Ginger
- Valuing a woman’s secret | Happy Times Today
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action – Shhhh! | SERENDIPITY
- Monday Meandorings, Or…. | Tommia’s Tablet
- Skeletons In The Closet | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | The Blogging Path
- Let’s think about it. | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action 6th April 2013 | ittikorn1994
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | HpWpBp
- The Room of Death and the Open Door | calliopes lyre
- 728: Daily Prompt: Evasive Action : “Secrets” | SEVEN Hundred 50
- the secret of life | thematticuskingdom
- Classified: Suicide | Recis Dempayos
- Evasive Action | The Nameless One
- My best kept secret | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- You didn’t hear it from me, but… | thoughtsofrkh
- Lost secrets | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Significant Secrets | My Daily Prompt Blog
- May 6 Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Daily Prompt: Evasive Action | An Unlikely Gypsy…
- Daily Prompt: “Evasive Action” | Sparkly Me