So again we are at the point of the day when we take on the Daily Prompt by WordPress… Today’s daily prompt is: Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway and they ask Give your newer sisters and brothers-in-WordPress one piece of advice based on your experiences blogging.
In the real world, where we have to wrench ourselves from our keyboards.. real people get to see the real us.. They see us both physically and they get to know us on a personal level. In the real world it is hard to be what you are not..
But in the virtual word things are totally different… people can write about an experience without even enduring that experience. Unfortunately the internet is full of people who enjoy inflicting pain on someone.. whether it is because they enjoy being a cyberbully or not I don’t know; and all this can stem because you hold a view different to theirs.
In real life we wouldn’t stand for someone walking into our homes and dictating what you should think or by them standing before you physically abusing you because of what you have just said.. you would show them the door.. or as my mum would say, ‘You would put your toe up their ass’. So don’t allow you blog to be anything other than what you want it to be.
You don’t have to give your real identity away, but keep your blog like a virtual extension of you… you don’t have to reveal all the intimate details of the life you share with others.. but it is nice for other bloggers to get to know what type of person that is… If you have a sense of humour, show it in your posts.
A blog is a virtual extension of yourself .. interact with your readers.. even it is only a thank you to them for posting a comment. And don’t worry about readers and stats, and how many people arrive to view what you have to say… sometimes writing things down can be therapeutic even if it is not read by anyone… it gets things off of our chests.. so to speak.
So let your blog… be you… you dictate the rules and you can trash comments that are abusive… and you don’t have put up with trolls… And remember for every one nasty reader there are hundreds who read and compliment your work, and they reblog your posts and they interact with you on a civil basis.
So blog away, and most of all be happy in what you blog about, you only have yourself to please…
- The People Who Live Inside The Bar Chart | The Magic Black Book
- Unique Outlook | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | JUkk
- Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | بيسان
- May 7 Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Read (Not Just Your Stuff) | Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | likereadingontrains
- Interests first, readers second. | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | A Glimps of HOPE
- Things that matter | writemybrainsout
- Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | The Following | The Writing Righter
- 7:5 Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | family photos food & craft
- 1 Introduction: Daily prompt | Sofie’s Diary
- Daily Prompt: Key Takeaway | HpWpBp
- Best Blogging Advice Money Can’t Buy | The Jittery Goat