ordpress’ challenge for today’s Daily Prompt is Landscape and they ask When you gaze out your window — real or figurative — do you see the forest first, or the trees?
So what do I see? Well first you need to understand what the meaning of can’t see the wood for the trees.. and it means:
To be so concerned with specifics or details that the larger problem, situation or point is missed.
I like to think that I can see both the specifics and the larger problem. I like to think I can see the good as well as the bad that is in our world.. along with sorting the wheat from the chaff. And above all I like to think that I can find the solution to the problem.
I believe that if you become too bogged down in specifics you forget to look at the whole thing and that is when you can make errors of judgement..
And that error of judgement can have an impact on someone’s life.. especially if you have been very critical of them.. If you can’t see the whole picture and you concentrate on the things that you deem as specific then, as I have learnt the hard way, you are not being open-minded and looking objectively at a situation.
We each have different perspectives of things.. we each look on things in a different light and a different manner, but we must never forget that at times we don’t see the whole picture until it is too late. People can be so blinded by specifics that they fail to see the major things.. that things that can make you see the whole bigger picture in a different light.
So hopefully, through experience and the mistakes I have made, I hope now that I am the type of person that can see the woods and the trees.
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | psarmmiey’s Blog
- No Land in ‘Landscape’ | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Of Glass & Paper
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Postcards from
- The Difference Between a Tree and a Skyscraper | Daily Prompt: Landscape | likereadingontrains
- The Forest or the Trees | Storm In A B-Cup
- In da ‘hood | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | On My Front Porch
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | A Glimps of HOPE
- Of Browns and Greens to the Fresh Spring Breeze | the world behind the lens
- Diversity, That Starts With D And That Rhymes With T And That Stands For Trouble | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Post ~ The Forest First, Or The Trees? | Stories After Bedtime
- May 9 Daily Prompt: Landscape | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Daily Prompt: Landscape « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | JUkk
- The Juxtaposition | The Lifepath Dialogues
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Basically Beyond Basic
- God’s Beautiful Creation | HpWpBp
- Daily Prompt: The sidewalk for the lizard | The Road 2 Cute Shoes
- The vista or the view | Pigments of Life
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Mina Witteman
- DP Challenge – Landscape | hometogo232
- DP Challenge | hometogo232
- Forest and the Trees | Tommia’s Tablet
- Landscape – Daily Prompt Poem | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | ittikorn1994
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- The Bigger Picture | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | writinglikeastoner
- I’m Putting Down My Rock | Prayers and Promises
- Lens Flare | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Landscape | Reviewer Rose
- So dig down, learn what is beneath, divulge what is below | Sofistikeyted
- Your Eyes in Landscape | Hasta Que mi Corazón Explote… | Until my Heart Explodes…
- Woman under the tree | Hope* the happy hugger
- The Forest… | Haiku By Ku
- The Forest or the Trees? #wordpress #dailypost #poetry #photography | Moondustwriter’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: The Trees In The Forest | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Dog-free Friday: What the flowers saw |
- TheDeafia | Daily Prompt: Landscape