David Cameron along with many other MP’s are all too willing to tell us our society is broken. They promise us day in and day out, they will mend society.. and they will get us all living back in harmony with each other.. They tell us to stand shoulder to shoulder with the man that stands next door to us.
Great.. that should solve the problem shouldn’t it?
But what David Cameron and those before him fail to understand is this.. for something to work, for a law to work it has to apply to all and not just some. For instance, if the speed limit near to a school is 20mph if you travel above that you are breaking the law… end of.. If you end up with 3 points on your licence that is your problem, no-one elses. You were the one that had your foot on the accelerator, nobody else. When that law becomes unfair is if for instance someone is caught speeding and due to their status never sees in the inside of a courtroom yet alone see a summons or pay a fine.
If someone is let off.. with a warning or a caution.. and then the next person is summoned, found guilty, fined and had their licence endorsed.. that is not fair.
For any law to work.. it has to be applied across the board… there are no excuses.. there are no get-out-of-jail cards. Laws only work if people are all treated the same.
What has happened on our streets this week, with the murder of Lee Rigby has saddened all of us… we feel for his family and we offer our condolences.. what good they will do I don’t know.. because every day this family should they turn on their TV’s are still faced with the prospect of seeing their loved one laying in the street dead and his murderer shouting his mouth off whilst holding a knife in his blood stained hands.
So what is a race of people? Well according to Wikipedia:
Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic,genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation.
Simple and easy definition to understand isn’t it?
So what is racial hatred? Well again, that is simple to work out.. it is hatred against a particular race. Now one of the things that defines race is religion… and according to the Racial and Religious Act 2006 sections 29A and 29B clearly state the following:
29A Meaning of “religious hatred”
In this Part “religious hatred” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief.
29B Use of words or behaviour or display of written material
(1) A person who uses threatening words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, is guilty of an offence if he intends thereby to stir up religious hatred.
(2) An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the written material is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and are not heard or seen except by other persons in that or another dwelling.
(3) A constable may arrest without warrant anyone he reasonably suspects is committing an offence under this section.
(4) In proceedings for an offence under this section it is a defence for the accused to prove that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the written material displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling.
(5) This section does not apply to words or behaviour used, or written material displayed, solely for the purpose of being included in a programme service.
So I am Atheist.. so should anyone attack me because of my non-religious views, in the eyes of the law they are breaking the law and could be dealt with under section 29A of the above Act.
Now when that law.. only seems to work one way… and one race sees other races getting away with breaching this act that is when resentment comes in. Do you agree?
So what is resentment?
the feeling of displeasure or indignation at some act, remark, person, etc., regarded as causing injury or insult.
And when you get people from a certain race feeling resentment that is when dissent takes over.
to disagree with the methods, goals, etc., of a political party or government; take an opposing view.
So it is simple really, to stop resentment and dissent and to combat Racial and Religious Hatred.. no race should feel persecuted and no race should feel that another race is above the law.. And until the day that this Government or any other future Government that is elected, takes this on board and deals with the problem as a whole.. nothing will change. And the more people feel resentment and injustice the more dissent will follow… until in the end you have riots on the streets with one race fighting another race… which is something none of us want. Do we?