Ihaven’t taken part in the Daily Prompt for ages… but on reading today’s challenge which is – For many of us the seasons are changing, bouncing unpredictably between cold and warm. Are you glad to be moving into a new season, or wishing for one more week of the old?
So I have to ask myself, which season do I really prefer… yes it has to be all of them. Summer, when the sun is shining and the temperatures are not too hot and unbearable.. Spring for the start of lighter evenings and colour blooming in our gardens and the blossom on the trees but one season that I do like entering is winter, especially if it doesn’t rain that much. Autumn brings the colour changes to the trees and to be perfectly honest.. it brings rain, which I can’t stand by the way.
I don’t mind getting cold, I don’t mind getting snow on me.. but rain.. awful stuff.. soaks you through to the skin and does nothing but make you feel miserable.
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
~ Albert Camus
But winter, and those frosty mornings, where you snuggle up in a big thick jumper and the frost is crisp on the ground really does make me feel like it is Christmas time every day of the winter. As the grass glistens with the morning frost.. there is nothing like it. The cold air blows away those cobwebs and makes your skin tingle .. you feel so alive.
I love those frosty mornings, and those evenings where the glow of the fire brings a warmth to you, in a way that central heating can never do. To see the flames flicker, and feel as snug as a bug in a rug.. is what winter is all about for me. Warm jumpers, open fires and roasted chestnuts..
And Christmas.. I love the lights, the carols, the decorations, just hate the chores that go with it.. My ideal Christmas would be somewhere, full of snow and having a sleigh ride on Christmas morning. Having dinner prepared for me as I sit and laze around in a log cabin, with an open fire burning brightly; whilst watching the snow fall outside and the children getting excited at what Santa has brought them for Christmas.
Then comes spring, which I also like because it is the onset to my other favourite season of the year… . summer…. When spring arrives you know the nights will be getting lighter and the temperatures, hopefully, rising, and the first signs of spring erupt in the garden when those Daffodils, Tulips and spring flowers pop their heads out of the earth that has recently been hard with frost and snow.
I would like Autumn, a whole lot more, if it didn’t keep raining. 😀 Like it is today. The rain just makes me feel miserable, depressed and fed up to the back teeth. At least in winter when the snow arrives you can walk out in it.. and even if the ground is frosty.. you ain’t going to get wet..
So I love the crisp, cold, frosty and snowy days of winter .. and just like the kids.. and my doggies I can’t wait for the winter, to see the snow fall and everything looking pretty.. especially if it falls around Christmas time, that would be just an added bonus. And I will be really disappointed if the winter of 2013/2014 is full of wet and windy weather.
- Light on the other side | Inside my glitching mind
- Red berries | Inside my glitching mind
- Make your lady happy | Inside my glitching mind
- Walking in an Autumn Wonderland | A String of Pearls
- Mid-Season Replacement | Geek Ergo Sum
- Seasons | Motherhood and Beyond
- 11 Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | Under the Monkey Tree
- Seasons | The Magic Black Book
- Golden Tree | While I breathe, I hope.
- To everything a season | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement – FOREVER FALL | SERENDIPITY
- Changing seasons | Sue’s Trifles
- No, I’m not a fan of this at all | thoughtsofrkh
- It’s Good To Live Again [Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement] | unknowinglee
- I messed up, big time. | I’m just Super Saiyan
- Barely Right of Center
- wish | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | Awl and Scribe
- The Haunt of Red October | Beth Byrnes
- The Falling Leaves… | Fika After Fifty Digital Photography and Art
- Morning Dew | Vampire Maman
- Orange Leaves (Seasons) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | littlegirlstory
- New Season’s Greetings Postponed | tuckedintoacorner
- Fall beauty conundrum « Welcome to Forgotonia
- new season | hitting a brick wall
- Ain’t no sunshine | The verbal hedge
- Falling Into A New Season | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. What it means to me. | Celia Micklefield -writer in Languedoc
- Suddenly it’s Autumn in Montreal | DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society
- Four Seasons | Ripples of Truth
- “Seasons” | Relax
- Today it Rained | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Moving | Muddy River Muse
- Daily Prompt: Mid Season | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Fall Brings Hope (Short Story) | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Mid-Season Replacement | The Story of a Guy
- Tis the season to be cold! | Kate Murray
- If Seasons Didn’t Change | Flowers and Breezes
- To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- Fall Into Autumn | Stuphblog
- Baby It’s Not Cold Enough Outside… | Rob’s Surf Report
- Mid-Season replacement…yeah not here!!! | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Falling Leaves… | Haiku By Ku