Yep that is what me, him and the dogs will be living on from now on.. and no it is not because of the austerity cuts or the impact of higher priced gas and electricity and no pay rise to cover them..
You see we have found a holiday we like and at £3,500 per person.. it is going to take a lot of saving. So is it beans on toast (and not Heinz Beanz but Tesco super savers where you get 3 beans and a pint of watery tomato juice – only joking Tesco… you get 5 beans :D).
Firstly, the holiday that took our liking was the Trans American Rail Tour of 2014, where you started your holiday by flying to San Francisco and then heading East towards New York.. where after 21 days you flew back to London. The places you visit are:
- San Francisco
- Yosemite National Park
- Las Vegas
- The Hoover Dam and Flagstaff
- The Grand Canyon
- Monument Valley
- US Railroads
- Denver and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Niagara Falls
- New York.
But they also do another tour where you start from New York and head towards San Francisco. And the places you visit on this holiday are:
- New York
- Washington DC
- To the Mid West
- Chicago and the Great Plains
- The Rockies by rail
- Through the mountain
- Monument Valley
- Grand Canyon
- Los Angeles and the RMS Queen Mary
- The Coast Starlight
- San Francisco
So two different holidays and each one bringing you sights across America.. My god how I wish I could mix these two holidays.. Firstly I love the idea of visiting Las Vegas, Niagara Falls and the Hoover Dam from the West to East holiday.. yet the East to West also brings in places I would love to visit, namely Washington and travelling along the coastline on the The Coast Starlight express.
My god I wish there was an option where you could customise this tour and pick your own places to visit.. but unfortunately there is not.. so what do you do? Well the great debate is on.. which one A or B and then the most important of all questions.. Who will have the woofers?
No way could I even contemplate putting them in kennels and I do fret at the prospect that they might miss me, especially as I will be gone for 21 days.. three weeks is a long time for a couple of woofers to be without us..
I know I am being soft and I know they will be OK with relatives (even though we haven’t informed the relatives that they’re our elected dog sitters, yet :D) but I still worry about it and worry if the dogs will be OK. I know I shouldn’t worry about the dogs because I know they will be fine… but the thought of leaving them is so intense.. as I wonder whether I am going the right thing or not by even planning this holiday yet alone going on it. I didn’t think it would be such a big deal, going on a holiday for 3 weeks, but honestly.. it is..
Stew and Dumps surely have me wrapped around their paws.. and I really do want to do this type of holiday.. and I know they will be fine.. (Yes I know if I say it often enough I will believe it), just like a liar believes their own lies.
So for me and him it is now beans on toast and woolly jumpers in order to save the £7K for the holiday or buy something nice if I can’t bring myself to leave the woofers :D… And I know I should go for it because this holiday is a holiday of a lifetime… And one I know we will both enjoy. That is providing we can agree on which one to go for… East to West or West to East.
Yes, we know there is always Florida and Disney which would cost half the price, but truthfully, the thought of walking around a theme park, in searing temperatures does not enthrall me at all. Think I am too old now for fun fair rides, kids screaming.. and suffering from feet that feel as if they are going to explode.
Now do I buy blue strip bread in order to buy a lottery ticket in hope that my numbers come up and we can do both of these holidays? 😀
Yes it is a very expensive holiday.. but one that I would love to go on before this PMR takes hold of me and there comes a day when I can’t enjoy such a holiday. Now off to see if the blue strip beans are in the buy one get one free offer. 😀
- Why does my dog hump other people/dogs? | We Live In A Flat
- False Labour Pains
- Autumn colours (Intense) | photo potpourri
- Rural Tourism in Russia. Accordion player | Rural Tourism in Russia
- Cat in the window | Bright Moments Catcher
- A year of writing and a birthday | Now Have At It!
- Cooking fish | Bright Moments Catcher
- That’s a Hard Limit | submissivelysecret
- Balalaika | Nature Activities
- Intense, like no other | Never Stationary
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | Awl and Scribe
- intensity huh? | wannabepoet
- The Real Me | Life Confusions
- Intense | The Magic Black Book
- Horse Hill | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Stolen bests | shame
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | My Atheist Blog
- Intense care : Need of the hour | Processing the life
- intense | yi-ching lin photography
- Intensity – A very short post | Neva Samaki
- My Shampoo Tried to Kill Me | Get Write Down To It
- Transformation | crookedeyebrows
- The First Experience of an American in a Russian Banya | Rural Tourism in Russia
- Escalator Etiquette | The verbal hedge
- Separation Anxiety | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Daily Prompt Intense: http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/daily-prompt-intense/ | Kawanee’s Korner
- Intensity of feeling? The end of WordPress.com | RPMAS
- Intense Sunset | Misifusa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Intense! | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Intense | The Temenos Journal
- Daily Prompt: Intense | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- intense | sarahscapes
- 211. Intensity Over Abortion | Barely Right of Center
- No rest 4 the weary | not4faintheartsblog
- Daily Prompt: Intense November 2013 ~ NaBloPoMo ~ #4 « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Grawr! | One Starving Activist
- NO!vember | I Hope You’re Taking Notes
- DP Challenge: One Intense Pit Bull « Morning Pages
- André from Holland | Deadline – An intense experience
- Intense | Lunatic Writing
- I Didn’t Use To Be A Sobber | Momma Roars
- Too Intense: I Think Not! | Dear Yolandi
- BLACK | JC Bride ~
- Intensity? | Fruit Salad
- Why so intense, Surfer Rob? | Rob’s Surf Report
- INTENSE! | thoughts and entanglements
- Intensity at its acme? | Eye of Lynx
- Those intervals between days | tjbarkerseattle
- Jupiter Rising | Just Visiting This Planet
- Intensity… | Haiku By Ku
- Batman should not be the only one fighting crime | MC’s Whispers
- I’m in tears | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Life Is Intense | My Daily Prompt Blog
- The Stare Down……. | The Land Slide Photography
- The Intense Joy | Flowers and Breezes
- Unavailable | Kansa Muse