Well where do I start… I don’t have a bucket list.. in fact I never think of dying and all the things I should do before my time is up..
What I will say though is I do have an ‘An after bucket list’ of things I want done at my funeral.
- I don’t go to Church, so I would feel an hypocrite having the Vicar there saying how good I was.. and how everyone loved me.. NO VICAR
- Cremation most definitely… don’t put me in the ground… cos I can’t stand insects.
- No tears.. we all come to pass and I want you to carry on with your lives and not think you are insulting my memory if my hubby finds someone else to love. I will be grateful, if he does.. that way I know he is not alone.
- No sad songs.. except Angels by Robbie Williams or You are the wind beneath my wings.
- Oh yes.. go down the pub and have a good time.. celebrate my time on this earth not mourn my passing.
- And the only reading I want is this one..
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not here; I did not die.
What I want to do in life.. I do.. I don’t need a bucket list to remind me that my time on this earth is very limited. I just take life by the hands and enjoy every moment of it.. that is the way to having lived a contented life.
This post is part of the: